As part of the Emirates Mars Mission (EMM) objective to build UAE capabilities in space science and research, the Emirates Space Science Society (ESSS) is initiated as a platform to:
- Excite and engage school students to start their science research journey
- Facilitate scientific research skills development in science and engineering students, and
- Leverage the expertise of researchers and scientist in UAE’s universities and research institutes for the development of the space sector in the UAE. The ESSS aims to facilitate knowledge transfer and provide an opportunity to all members to take an active part in the EMM development activities.
As part of the Emirates Mars Mission (EMM) objective to build UAE capabilities in space science and research, the Emirates Space Science Society (ESSS) is initiated as a platform to..
The Emirates Mars Mission Science team is responsible for important aspects of any EMM development. They have the important task of setting the science objectives and requirements that the mission is based on, developing the data flow processes and handling of scientific data that comes from the instruments on board Hope probe as well as analyzing the data to answer the science questions that have been posed to further humanity’s knowledge and their understanding of planet Mars.
Also, the EMM Science team work on:
- Building capabilities of future generations to develop the Science & Technology sector in the UAE
- Integrating national competencies and students into the scientific community to develop their research skills and developing UAE capabilities in Planetary science and research
- Building UAE Science community consisting of students, professors and researchers, integrating them with EMM through variety of outreach programs that aims to create platforms for direct interaction
- Leverage the expertise of researchers and scientists for the development of space and science sector in the UAE
Strategic Planning Team
Within EMM, MBRSC established a strategic planning team to be the first team to be responsible for education, media, and outreach initiatives. Over the past two years, more than ten programs were developed and run to fulfill the overall education and outreach objectives of the mission. These objectives include the following:
- Promoting space science education and research in the UAE schools and universities
- Engaging and involving the public from all age groups in the mission
- Building capabilities in STEM fields within UAE schools
- Building capabilities in space science research and specifically Mars science within UAE
Excel and Be Rewarded
Categories & Levels
Anyone interested can join to be a member .
Mars Advocate , Space Science Advocate
MBRSC Research Grant Program
Recognizing the importance of research in the field of science, MBRSC’s goal, through the enhancement of research and development...
Research Experience for Undergraduates
The program offers undergraduate students an international internship opportunity in collaboration with MBRSC’s partners...
EMM Annual Science Workshop
The Emirates Mars Mission (EMM) is hosting an annual science workshop targeted to focus on Mars atmospheric Science...
Explore Mars Competition
Are you a university student with a passion for learning more about the planet Mars? If so, join the Explore Mars Poster Competition...
EMM Science Community
In preparation for the Emirates Mars Mission, the UAE science community was initiated with university representatives...
EMM Teacher Ambassador Program
A program designed to involve teachers from all levels of school.
- Create a dynamic community for STEM teachers...
One week journey of hands-on workshops and lectures designed for the students of all ages to get a glimpse...
Al Misbar TV
AlMisbar TV is a YouTube-based entertaining educational show about science & technology. The purpose of the show is to draw the young generation towards science and technology...
ESSS Active Awards
Members will be eligible for an award based on most "Activity." Therefore, it will be about which individual has received the most points...